Friday, March 12, 2010

First entry!

Yay, something new to distract me from doing work! Since I already spend about 10 hours a day looking at wedding blogs, this will be a nice addition. So I thought I would start out by making a nice shiny list of all the things I've accomplished in the past 5 months.


1. Set the date. This was a big debate. I've always wanted an garden wedding in the spring. Somehow that turned into an urban, loft-type wedding in the fall. But honestly, it is the most beautiful time of year in Chicago so I couldn't be happier.


2. Set budget, determined guest list, and asked bridal party


3. Booked venue/caterer. First big accomplishment. We chose the lovely Ravenswood Event center:







4. Booked photographer, florist, dj and trio. Here is a picture I used for flower inspiration:





5. Found my dress!!! Another huge accomplishment. Even though this was the 3rd dress I tried on in Chicago, I had to go to a couple more places just to be sure. But when I went back and tried it on, I knew it was the one.


6. Had my hair and make up trial. Chose a simple bun for the big day.




7. Bought my hair piece and clutch. The clutch was custom made for me by an etsy vendor.








8. Picked out colors and bridesmaid dresses. Originally we (I) picked out a beautiful jewel toned purple and mossy green, but bret ultimately decided he couldn't stomach the purple because it was too "girly". If only he knew that when I originally imagined my wedding, I envisioned a sea of pastels, like baby pink and mint green. Sigh. We ended up settling on blue and yellow. Here are the three styles the girls are choosing from:










9. Set up the hotel block/brunch. We chose the Millenium Knickerbocker, which is downtown, right off Michigan Ave. The place is beautiful...and I love that it's not a chain.





10. Registered at Crate and Barrel. Super fun. Mimosas + a scan gun + the store to ourselves = heaven.


11. Found the trolley to transport the wedding party on the big day.





12. Booked engagement photos.




 I love checking things off lists, don't you?






6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blog! I can't wait to add this to my daily blog obsession at work. Also, I love the blue and yellow color theme. It reminds me a lot of the pictures of Tory's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Ellen's congratulations on the blog. I'm adding it to my blog roll.

    And yay for finding out you blocked rooms already... I was just about to send you an email to ask, because ocd me is currently trying to book everything for all our summer weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crap, stupid blogger posted the message multiple times and then I accidently deleted all of them.

    I can't wait to see all this planning come together in September. I have to work on getting time off again once I start my new job. But I will see you in June for sure!

    ReplyDelete