Sunday, March 14, 2010

The "what if" game.

So, as previously mentioned, I have already found my wedding dress. Even though it is nothing like what I thought I wanted, I absolutely adore it. However, even though the order has been placed, I continue to spend hours each day scouring the internet for wedding dresses. Not because I'm unhappy with my choice. Just because it's oh so much fun. And it never really gets old, because there are literally thousands of dresses out there. I like to play a little "what if" game to make it interesting. For example, if I had an unlimited amount to spend on the dress, which one would I choose? What if I was having a garden wedding instead? What if I was a foot taller? That way, even when I found a dress I really love, I don't regret my decision because I know it wouldn't have worked for my budget, wedding style or body type.


Let play, shall we?


If money was no object, I'd purchase this lovely little number from Christos (I still swoon every time I look at this dress, honestly. I just love the swiss dots):





If I wanted to feel really romantic, I'd pick this Claire Pettibone number:






If I was about a foot taller, I'd definitely go for this one by Monique Lhuillier (I love the scalloped lace):







If I needed a dress for a casual beach wedding, I'd stick with Jcrew:








For a garden wedding, I think this short dress from Watters would be perfect:







And lastly, if I was having a super fancy wedding and wanted to feel like a princess, I'd pick between these three from Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera, and Kenneth Pool. All extremely swoon worthy. 






So many options.  Which one would you choose?

2 comments:

  1. I also wish I was tall enough to wear the Monique Lhullier... so pretty, and I'm a sucker for Kenneth Pool. I could look at wedding dresses all day long, so keep posting them since I don't have an excuse to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete